Sunday, May 31, 2015

2nd entry for May 10, 2015





These are some 20-minute and 25-minute studies. With the summer games coming up, one of the drawers was interested in trying to do some athletics-inspired poses, so we tried working with that. I was still feeling looser about the drawing after the Jam Factory session the week before, so I tried not to be too careful about how these were set down. I reckoned a looser handling would convey more action than a tight rendering.
These are all india ink washes and graphite pencil on 18 x 24" sheets of Canson XL Series watercolour paper. I'm starting to feel at home enough with the medium that I feel more comfortable loosening the reins more. These aren't the strongest studies (I'm a little rusty these days,) but they were a good stretch.

No comments: