Friday, August 29, 2014

Entry for August 16, 2014






On the Saturday morning I cycled out to Rebellion Gallery. Tanya was working, and these are a 5-minute study at top, two 10-minute ones below that and three in the 15-minute range.
The top three are done with Pitt pen on 18 x 24" sheets of Canson Recycled Sketch paper.
The lower three are water-soluble pencil on 18 x 24" sheets-  Canson Montval for the upper two, and the bottom one on Canson Mixed Media paper. I haven't washed over the pencil strokes in the lowest one.
There were a few other studies, but I was not happy enough with them to share.

On this blog I tend to post the top 60 - 70% of what I draw, and only edit out the really weak ones. I look at it as a documentation of process. Lately I have begun a new Tumblr site, where I am cherrypicking what I feel are the top 10 - 20% of the studies I do. It is also a mini-retrospective of older studies, as I am looking back through past entries one month at a time.
You can find it at http://thomasdrawn.tumblr.com.
It also skips the commentary, and just presents the studies straight, if you prefer interacting with images that way.

No comments: