Saturday, August 9, 2014

3rd entry for July 22, 2014






These are three 5-minute studies, a 10-minute one and a 15-moniute one at the bottom. The top three are all Pitt pen on 18 x 24" sheets of Strathmore series 400 paper.
The lowest two are water-soluble graphite and regular graphite pencils on Canson Montval watercolour paper. I was experimenting with some cross-hatch with a hard pencil after, and like the tonally fluid background potential of it. It also makes a foil for the fluid tonal marks.
It was not my strongest session drawing, but really good practice. Fewer worked overall.  It wasn't 'til the last third of the time that I felt  I was getting in my drawing groove, and overall I wasn't working as fast as I would have liked.
Chloe's costume choices were interesting, and I particularly enjoyed the anatomy-patterned bodystocking she used for the last poses.
.... which is a great place to insert a reminder that I'm teaching a 5-day Anatomy and Figure Drawing intensive from August 18 - 22 at the TSA. 10 a.m to 5 p.m. daily and it's running. There's still space, and you can sign up here.

No comments: