Monday, November 11, 2013

2nd entry for Oct 29, 2013








These are five 5-minute studies above, a couple of 10-minute ones below that and a 15-minute one at bottom.
I felt it wasn't one of my stronger drawing sessions. Some days are like that. It was as if I had taken a klutzy pill, and things ket slipping and dropping and rolling off the bench I was working on. (I didn't knock over my coffee, which is something...).
A dilute ink mixture I was trying out in a waterbrush wasn't flowing, and the calligraphy tip pen I was wanting to work with had dried out - in general, I was wrestling with materials that day.
There were moments, and the last study worked well from a descriptive standpoint.
These are all done on 18 x 24" sheets of paper. The top one is on Canson Recycled Sketch paper, the next six are on Canson XL Drawing paper, and the bottom one is on a sheet of 150 lb. Maidstone rag paper.
The bottom one is done with water-soluble graphite applied with a waterbrush, and some pencil undersketching. All the others are Pentel brushpen with either pencil or dilute ink indersketching to help with proportions.
Kirsten's work was very solid, and her costume of black pvc top with red lace-up ribbons in back and black satin track shorts, nude tights and ankle wraps was a nice challenge, but one I wasn't quite as confident with as I would have liked to have been.

No comments: