Saturday, August 3, 2013

3rd entry for July 25, 2013



We got into 10-minute poses and I got a pre-occupied with drawing Zia's face (and for me, that is an enjoyable preoccupation. )
There are all small studies on 18 x 24" sheets of Canson Recycled Sketch paper. While I was working on them, the wide 10%gray marker I was using started delivering a cool darker gray, and I was puzzled as to why. I checked the ink refill bottle I had used, and could not figure out what was going wrong. It was mildly vexing, as many of Zia's values are very pale, especially when lit in a white-walled space I lost some time to fiddling with that until eventually I realized that the refill bottle was full of a trial batch of dilute India ink I had made. No happy accidents occurred, to my mind, but after that I relaxed a bit more into what I was doing.

No comments: