Monday, June 4, 2012

2nd entry for May 27, 2012





I made it back fpr a portion of the evening's drawing session.  A-    was working, and these are 15-minute studies, with the exception of the second from the bottom, which was 20 minutes.
The top one is on 18 x 24" bond paper; the next one is on 18 x 24" Canson Recycled Sketch paper, and the lower two are on 22 x 30" sheets of Maidstone rag paper.
The lowest one has a powdered gray chalk underlayer.
Limited life drawing time - and some unfamiliar models - meant that I was playing a bit safer of late, but as my confidence level was getting  back in place, I was starting to try to give attention once more to this year's motif of 'no boring life drawings'.

I find this is still being impeded by materials not quite doing what I'd like them to, and scale issues.
I'd really like to find a pad of paper comparable in weight and finish to Canson's Recycled Sketch Paper that was 22 x 30". Pads only seem to go up to 18 x 24", and single sheets of larger paper are usually much more costly and heavy.

No comments: