Saturday, February 4, 2012

2nd entry for Jan 24, 2012




(Anyone in the Toronto area with time free, come visit my informal open house, today and Sunday afternoon Feb 4 & 5.  It's on 1 - 6 PM today,  and Noon - 6 on Sunday.
I've pulled out quite a number of graphite figure studies on Canson paper, plus some other graphite pieces. 
I'm at 165 Bathurst St, suite 604, and entry info will be on the downstairs door.
Hope to see you.)

These are 20-minute studies on 22 x 30" sheets of 90 lb Maidstone paper. These use a mix of hard Nobel and U-art compressed charcoal, to push the value/texture range. I find the switching back and forth gives a good effect, but also slows me down a bit in the bargain.

I felt these were fairly faithful to E-   as I saw her, and the lowest one, while not at all flashy in pose or handling, is particularly honest in all its marks - nothing dressy or extraneous.

No comments: