Wednesday, October 12, 2011

1st entry for Sept. 30, 2011




On the Friday, my mind was pre-occupied with details of the next evening's Nuit Blanche events - especially the drawing session that the TSA was hosting as part of their event. I came out that night partly to sketch, partly to gather things, and partly to announce the Nuit blanche affair to the assembled drawers.
On account of all that, I only did these three studies of S-  . The top one is a 10-minute one, just hard Koh-I-Noor charcoal, the middle one at 15 minutes is a mix of Koh-I-Noor and U-Art compressed charcoal, and the lower one is all U-Art charcoal. Each is on an 18 x 24" sheet of cartridge paper.  As in the day before, I gravitated back to the larger fragmentary image as the night progressed.

3 comments:

Brian said...

Very inspiring blog. I've attended some of the sessions you've posted here (at the TSA) and it's great to see what you've done with the models. I hope to take your class in January.

I was wondering about the sessions at the Ralph Thornton Center. Is that a regular thing? I live near there and wasn't aware of life drawing there, and can't see it mentioned on the website. You've also given me some good ideas of other places to go.

Thomas Hendry said...

Hi Brian - The drawing session at Ralph Thornton currently runs 6:30-9 PM all Mondays other than holiday Mondays. They have tables, chairs and small boards and the fee is $9 for the night.

Brian said...

thanks very much! I guess I will need to wait until my Monday night class at TSA is over, but they are very close to me.