Tuesday, September 13, 2011

2nd Entry for Sept. 6, 2011




These are 20-minute studies, the top one is done with harder Koh-I-Noor charcoal, and the lower two are using the medium-hard Koh-I-Noor sticks.
At the time, I was quite liking the relative smoothness of the medium chalk in particular, compared to the prang U-Art sticks I have been using of late.  Tom continued to insist on sitting, but towards the end a couple of us were able to prevail & get him to sketch while we sat for the group.

This weekend, I'll be out with some drawings at the Queen West Art Crawl, in Trinity-Bellwoods Park, Saturday & Sunday, 11 - 6 PM daily. I'm at Booth D16
For my artist profile, you can check here. As well as some of the Biomandala series pictured there, I'll have some of the best of the year's figure studies on Japanese paper.

For those of you with a desire to study art, the Toronto School of Art's fall term is just beginning this week.
I teach introductory life drawing Saturday mornings (course  # 902) and Intermediate life drawing on Wednesday nights (course # 832), and a more exploratory drawing class (Drawing 2) as well.  You can get more details about the school's many course offerings and registration info here.

No comments: