Wednesday, August 24, 2011

7th Entry for Aug 8, 2011




People drawing and posing were still energized, so the session ran overtime, which I was game for. The ecorche head study of K was 10 or 15 minutes. The pose with G-  and J-  , where J-  wore K-'s face cast was 10 minutes, as was the L -   and J-  double pose.
K-s sitting pose finished the evening, and ran for 10 minutes or so. It was disconcerting, as K-  was wearing a latex cast of her own face, with make-up on it. It fit perfectly, but had a synthetic "uncanny valley" effect set against her bright red ecorche body makeup.
When she she wrapped up that, the session ended by general acclaim.

As drawing sessions go, this one struck a few chords for me. Anatomy and droopy peeled facial `skins' are subjects I've explored in drawings of my own in the past. Plus horror/fantasy themes are an area I enjoy, so I was having a particularly good time that night.

You can see some  photographic documentation of this session here.

No comments: