Wednesday, February 9, 2011

3rd Entry for Jan 28, 2011



As subject matter, the 20-minute pose above didn't grab me so much, but I had a notion of making a demo study of using a light mid-tone across the whole picture as a sreategy for working on a longer image. I sort of like the overall - retinal, one might say - quality, as a contrast to the usual contour/sculptural/lots of white space approach I favour. Change always looks interesting, when you're doing lots of the same thing.
The lower image is a not-as-good 20-minute study on Japanese paper, that closed out the evening. I think I was running out of steam, that night. The previous night was much better.
The one above is Prismacolour art stick on Durotone paper, the one below is graphite on Japanese paper, bith in the 18 x 24" range.

No comments: