Thursday, October 22, 2009

2nd entry for October 15, 2009




These were 15-minute poses. Some might not be happy having consecutive back views, but I like drawing people's backs. It is a small point in the grand scheme of who he is, but Y- I noticed had one of the leanest lower backs I've come across. Sitting like this, the margins of his Quardatus Lumborum muscles, all the vertebral bumps down through the sacrum and the back edge of his iliac spines all show in relief at the small of his back. Usually one just sees a couple of dimples & a lot of padding there.

It is always fascinating to me how a body's structure expresses itself differently in people.

2 comments:

Icaris Bullcazzo said...

You have a very controled hand and you pay a lot of attention to detail,I love it. I was actually trying to see if I could pick out one that stood out to me the most but since im at work Im a little distracted. Look forward to doing so later tho. Keep it up man, you rock!

Thomas Hendry said...

Thanks for the positive comments