Tuesday, October 20, 2009

2nd entry for October 13, 2009




These were the last 2 poses of the evening - a 20-minute reclining pose and a 25-minute standing pose. It seemed quite a long time for H- to sustain the pose with her arms outstretched up high like that, but it was her choice. Because of the stretch of her arms I figured the pose would occupy a square space, and set her lower on my page. I miscalculated & ran out of room for her feet (guess I could have continued on another sheet).

I have been drawing H- many times through the years, some times more successful than others. Towards the start of this pose, she had a mischevious smile that was a flashback to her younger, even more carefree self. That helped to dispel a degree of rote-ness that can set in when drawing someone very familiar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like her, this model, she is a fun and generous person; I enjoyed the 2 times I worked with her, and have drawn her at OCAD.
Jocelyn