Friday, July 31, 2009

2nd Entry for July 24, 2009







For the second half of the evening I worked on a 1.5 hour study, in the `structural drawing' mode I was practising in advance of a 3-day workshop at the TSA. This is done on a 24 x 36" sheet of Durotone `white newsprint' colour paper, with 2H and 2B pencils.
The set-up was meant to evoke a cottage country roadside stand, and much of that didn't resonate with my response to Z- , but as perspective rendering challenges, the objects around her were worth setting down. Z- insisted I include the plastic dinosaur. I was more than happy to honour that request, as I've never encountered a Dimetrodon I didn't like - and this one was very cute.
As with all these blog entries, if you click on any of these images, you can see a larger-scale version of them.

No comments: