Tuesday, July 7, 2009

1st entry for July 2, 2009





(* Showtime - see below! )

Thursday night was the first opportunity I'd had in a few weeks to visit Diane McGrath's Drawing Room studio. During June there was a different reason - all worthwhile - as to why I had to give them a pass. It was nice to get there and see a good number of people there drawing. B- was the model - I had drawn her once before, the first time I had come there to try the space out. Her primary focus is dance.

These were some of the 1-minute and 2-minute poses that she did on a trapeze.

* Come see some art:
These sorts of high-speed, spontaneous drawings comprise the main art of my creative output at present, but I do also do some more involved works. I will be showing some of them at the Lennox Contemporary Gallery in Toronto on July 10th, 11th and 12th. The gallery is hosting a "Salon des Refuses" of artists who were turned down from the Toronto Outdoor Art Show at Nathan Phillips Square. ( The nathan Phillips show always gets more applicants than spaces, so some interesting people always get passed by).

The Lennox Gallery is at 12 Ossington - Just North of Queen St.
Show runs Friday, 4pm to 10,
Saturday & Sunday, noon to 7 pm.

No comments: