Monday, June 29, 2009

1st entry for June 26th, 2009





After a teacher's meeting on the Friday, I stayed on to do some drawing at the TSA. G- was working. She is someone else I endeavour to get a likeness of as much as possible. Her facial features seem to me to be very clearly defined, so whenever she faces my direction, I focus in on her head.
in other words, it was mostly a "head and shoulders" night for me. When her head was facing away, that's when I would get more of her body set down.
Partly in response to some discussions I've had with Z- lately, my concern in drawing the last couple of times has been to push the sensitivity and tactility of the drawings. Some succeed more than others. My chest flu bug seemed to be resurging a bit that night, and that was playing out as more irregular drawing: some good, some off.

The standing pose was 3 minutes, the head study 5 minutes and the back study 10 minutes respectively.

No comments: