Tuesday, December 2, 2008

2nd Entry for November 25th




These were all 20-minute poses. I like the drama of the lighting in these.

More importantly for me, I feel that where S- 's face is visible, it is a good likeness of her. She elects to use a very theatrical, 1930's sort of makeup style, and it is easy to veer off into caricature. I felt these studies give a fairly true sense of her appearance.

I have found it interesting to draw S- for that reason. I have a fascination with the more Gothic aesthetic, yet I have not found that to be a look I easily do justice to. Nonetheless, I'm pleased by how faces are gaining in subtlety this year in these short studies. it's like a few key things continue to fall into place, bit by bit.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Hey Thomas, this is Lee from drawninblack.com: Thanks for the comment, and especially the links. You're drawings are amazing! And plentiful! If you'd like to and have time, why don't you pick out some of your favs and I'll update the post, or even better, just create a new post with more pics and some bio info on you. If you don't have time let me know, and I can just pick out some of _my_ favs :)

Anyway, keep rockin, I like these 20-min drawings here: S- looks almost like a gypsie here, very cool stuff.

Alright, back to real work, let me know if you'd like that new post on dib.

Cheers,
- Lee